Clacton model Chloe stars in Netflix’s hit new dating show
- Credit: Courtesy of Netflix
Netflix’s new dating show Too Hot To Handle has been donned the ‘new Love Island’ with Clacton model Chloe Veitch among the line-up of single people looking for love.
The reality show includes eight episodes and was launched on Netflix on Friday, April 17, and has already been a huge hit with UK fans, ranking in the top 10 shows on Netflix over the weekend.
The show has been described as an odd blend of Love Island and Love Is Blind, and sees 14 attractive young people being dumped in a villa in Mexico to drink, party and couple up...with a plot twist preventing them from having any romantic contact, which means no kissing, no sex and no self-gratification.
If the rules are broken money is deducted from their pot of £100k – which the contestants can go onto winning a share of if they “make progress” and build an emotional connection.
Chloe Veitch, now 21, is one of the 10 original cast members on the show alongside three other British contestants, David Birtwistle and Kelz Dyke, who are both from London.
Chloe, who grew up in Clacton-on-Sea and attended Clacton Coastal Academy, described herself as being “quite ditzy” and said that “dating apps are like a part-time job” for the budding model.
The Essex girl joked that she wasn’t “the brightest spark in the book” when she walked onto the paradise island, but soon became one of the show’s most lovable contestants and won the hearts of her fellow cast members.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
At 19 she was crowned the UK and worldwide winner of Top Models, the first pageant she ever entered and has since become a catwalk model.
Announcing her part in the show on Instagram, Chloe wrote: “The secret is out! I have been filming with Netflix, catch me on the new dating show on the 17th of April.
“I am so nervous and exited to be able to share something that I went through with you all, It was an emotional rollercoaster.. you will see my highs and lows. But I hope you love it as much as I enjoyed filming it.”