Christmas songs and music performed by Combs Middle School pupils for former ICI staff
- Credit: Archant
Family, friends and former employees of a well-known firm have enjoyed Christmas songs performed by middle school pupils.
Children at Combs Middle School in Stowmarket headed to Hillside Community Centre in the town for yesterday’s show.
The event, which has been running for more than 30 years, invites former members of staff who worked at Stowmarket’s ICI paint factory.
But it will be the last time the performance happens as the school is closing next summer because of the move from three-tier to two-tier education.
Serena Croft, head of music at the school, said: “It was fantastic, it went really well; I asked what the pupils thought on their way back from the community centre and they said it was awesome and great that the audience joined in.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a real Christmas spirit and feeling; everyone certainly had fun.”
All the school’s musicians, from singers to guitarists to flautists, were invited to take part.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
The performance included tunes from the Matilda musical, scores by choral composer John Rutter, and carols.