Fire engulfs ground floor of cottage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in the ground floor of a two-storey cottage in Bruisyard, near Saxmundham, this morning.
Two crews, from Aldeburgh and Leiston, were called to reports of a building fire in Church Road at 8.48am. A stop was called to the incident at 10.09am.
The fire took hold of the living room and the rest of the property filled with smoke, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
The owner of the cottage is out of the building, she added, and has not required any treatment from ambulance crews.
"Fire crews from Aldeburgh and Leiston and station commander Punchard arrived to find a two-storey semi-detached property with a fire in the ground floor living room and the property smoke-logged," a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
"They used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put the fire out.
"They also investigated the neighbouring properties to check everything was safe following the fire."
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections