Fire engulfs ground floor of cottage
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze in the ground floor of a two-storey cottage in Bruisyard, near Saxmundham, this morning.
Two crews, from Aldeburgh and Leiston, were called to reports of a building fire in Church Road at 8.48am. A stop was called to the incident at 10.09am.
The fire took hold of the living room and the rest of the property filled with smoke, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
The owner of the cottage is out of the building, she added, and has not required any treatment from ambulance crews.
"Fire crews from Aldeburgh and Leiston and station commander Punchard arrived to find a two-storey semi-detached property with a fire in the ground floor living room and the property smoke-logged," a spokesman said.
"They used four breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to put the fire out.
"They also investigated the neighbouring properties to check everything was safe following the fire."
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town