Cigarettes stolen from woman in Halstead robbery by ‘gaunt’ man
A man grabbed a woman’s arm and demanded money before taking a packet of cigarettes in a late afternoon robbery yesterday.
The victim, 26, was walking along a path between Trinity Court and the Esso garage, in Halstead, when the incident happened just before 5.30pm.
The man took the cigarettes from her handbag before running off in the direction of Holy Trinity Church.
The woman was left with bruising to her arm.
A description of the suspect has been issued.
You may also want to watch:
He was white, aged in his early 20s, very slim with a gaunt looking face, stubble, and around 5ft 9ins tall.
He wore a black hooded top with the hood up, black tracksuit bottoms and well-worn trainers.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
Anyone with information is asked to call Braintree CID on 101.