Clacton Airshow proves a hit – in Japan
- Credit: Archant
Clacton Airshow’s popularity is well known in Essex but it seems its fans may be a little further afield.
Pictures from the airshow have now been featured in an aviation magazine in Japan.
Koku-Fan, which roughly translates to ‘aircraft fan’, is one of four magazines of its kind in Japan.
The spread on the airshow was provided by freelance photographer and journalist Denis J Calvert who attended this year’s event.
Mick Skeels, Tendring District Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure and Tourism, said he is aware that Clacton Airshow pulls in visitors from far afield.
You may also want to watch:
“Who knows, after this we may well get some Japanese tourists fitting it into their schedule if they visit England at that time of year.
“Clacton Airshow being showcased in such a high profile magazine with amazing photos that really capture the excitement of the night flights can only help to improve the show’s popularity.”
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Matchday Live: Bonne thumps Town ahead at Lincoln
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy