Knife man wearing surgical mask knocked unconscious after trying to stab a walker
A masked man was knocked out attempting to stab a man in Clacton early on Saturday morning.
The victim was walking along the Lower Promenade between the pier and neighbouring resort Holland-on-Sea at 6.30am when he was approached by a man wearing a surgical mask.
The suspect lunged at the walker with a knife and was knocked unconscious when the victim defended himself.
Police are now appealing for witnesses who saw the man lying down, or leaving the area with a facial wound.
He is described as being white, aged in his mid-20s, of medium build and was wearing a Puma tracksuit, a black hoodie and Nike trainers.
Anyone with any information should ring Clacton CID and quote crime reference number 42/93813/20.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county