Clacton: Burglar disturbed during attempted shop raid
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A would-be burglar ran off after being disturbed as he tried to break into a Clacton shop.
The suspect smashed the front door and window at PC’s and Pieces on The Grove several times but failed to gain entry.
He then cycled off down Rosemary Road after he was disturbed.
The incident happened at 2.20am on Sunday July 27.
The thief was white, aged in his 20s, has dark, cropped hair and was wearing a red T-shirt and grey bottoms.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jamie Welsh said: “We have been examining several hours of CCTV from the area during these past few days to see if he has been captured on camera. We’re hoping to speak with anyone who may recognise the man from the description provided or who saw him cycling away from the scene of the crime.”
Anyone with information should contact the Neighbourhood Crime Team at Clacton police station on 101.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 9 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart