Clacton/Colchester: Boy to appear in court following murder of teenager Jay Whiston
- Credit: PA
A boy is due to appear in court following the murder of Clacton teenager Jay Whiston.
The 17-year-old was stabbed at a house party on Marlowe Way, Colchester, shortly after 10pm on Saturday, September 8, 2012.
The teenager, of Aster Close, Clacton, died a short time later in hospital. A provisional post-mortem examination result revealed the cause of death to have been from a stab wound.
A 17-year-old boy from Colchester was charged with one count of murder on Wednesday, May 22.
A hearing was undertaken at Chelmsford Crown Court on Wednesday, July 3, and the boy was further remanded in custody until his return to the same court on Monday, August 5.
You may also want to watch:
Three Colchester men, two aged 19 and one aged 18, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder during the investigation are on police bail until Thursday, July 25 pending further enquiries.
In mid-November 2012, three people were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. The three, a 51-year-old man, a 42-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man, are now on police bail also until Thursday, July 25, pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 FA Youth Cup, semi-final - LIVE: Agbaje header puts Town ahead at half-time against Liverpool
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
In May, four people were arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation. Two 18-year-old men from Colchester, and two people from Clacton, a 16-year-old girl and an 18-year-old woman, are currently on police bail until Thursday, July 11, pending further enquiries.