Clacton: Dance school students set for the big stage
- Credit: Archant
Dance students from Clacton will perform on the big stage after they were chosen to take part in a major spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall.
Members of The Company Performing Arts school will appear in a musical theatre piece, Seize the Day, on November 2.
They will be performing in front of an audience of dance lovers and celebrity patrons, including Darcey Bussell and Wayne Sleep.
It is part of the fourth annual Dance Proms, and to qualify to perform teachers had to submit a short video piece online.
Aaron Lissimore, artistic director and principal, said: “I am so incredibly proud that my students have once again been bestowed the honour of appearing in Dance Proms. We last appeared in 2011 and I can still vividly remember the buzz and excitement created by the hundreds of young performers involved.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an incredible opportunity for our students at such an iconic venue.”
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years