Clacton house fire extinguished by crews

Fire crews were called to the flat fire

Fire crews were called to the flat fire - Credit: Sarah Lucy brown

Firefighters were called to extinguish a house fire in Clacton this afternoon.

Two appliances from the town were called the fire in a semi-detached house in Foxglove Close at 4.08pm.

A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had been caused by a faulty boiler.

They added: “Wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet crews had extinguished the fire by 4.31pm.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus