Clacton: Man accused of killing his mother back in court
A MAN charged with murdering his mother has appeared before Chelmsford Crown Court
Peter Dickson, 37, of St Vincent Road, was remanded in custody until January 2 for a plea and case management hearing.
The carpet fitter is charged with murdering mother-of-three Carol Cooper, 66, also of St Vincent Road, between October 31 and November 2, who was found dead at her flat on Friday.
No plea was entered by Dickson, who appeared in the dock wearing a red top and bottoms.
He also failed to confirm his name in court today and when asked to do so said: “I think that’s my name.”
You may also want to watch:
Pre-trial reports are being obtained by the defence and after being informed of this, Judge Charles Gratwicke urged them to be served on the prosecution.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'