Clacton: Man charged with murder at seafront hotel
A MAN will appear before magistrates tomorrow charged with the murder of a 51-year-old woman from Clacton.
Police this evening charged 43-year-old Lee Thompson of Craigfield Avenue in Clacton with the murder of Janet Graney, whose body was discovered at the Esplanade Hotel on Friday evening.
Officers have confirmed they were both staying at the Marine Parade East hotel as guests.
Thompson was admitted to Ipswich Hospital after the incident, but it was unclear what he received treatment for. He was arrested in Ipswich shortly after the 51-year-old’s body was found by police.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Murder is obviously a very rare crime and extremely rare in Clacton.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a tragic event and our thoughts are with the victim’s families.
“We’d like to remind people that Essex is a very safe place.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
He will appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court today.