Clacton: Man threatened to “slash” teen before punching him in the face during attempted robbery
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man who threatened to “slash” a 15-year-old boy unless he handed over his mobile phone during an attempted robbery is being sought by police.
The teen was standing in an alleyway next to Comrades Club near Colne Road, Clacton, when he was approached by the man at about 7pm on Saturday.
The boy refused to hand over his phone and was then pushed against his chest and grabbed around the throat before being punched in the mouth.
The man then ran off empty-handed toward Pallister Road and the seafront.
Investigating Officer, Dc Louise Nellist, said: “Although no weapon was seen, this was a traumatising experience for the youngster. He had been waiting for a relative when he was approached by one of the town’s thugs who thought he could make a quick steal.
“We are looking at local CCTV footage to see if we can identify this man, but we could also do with the help of those who had been walking along Colne Road and saw this man running off.”
The man is described as white, about 6ft, of a slim build and was aged in his mid 20s. At the time he was wearing a blue and grey checked scarf across his mouth, dark trousers and a leather hoodie.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 4 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 5 Complaints of 'terrible smell' coming from Melton animal crematorium
- 6 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 7 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 8 A14 in west Suffolk closes overnight after serious multi-vehicle crash
- 9 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 10 Police seize lorry on A14 after driver had no licence or insurance
The boy suffered minor scratchmarks to his neck but was otherwise uninjured.
If you have any information, please contact Clacton police station on 101.