Clacton: Man threatened to “slash” teen before punching him in the face during attempted robbery
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man who threatened to “slash” a 15-year-old boy unless he handed over his mobile phone during an attempted robbery is being sought by police.
The teen was standing in an alleyway next to Comrades Club near Colne Road, Clacton, when he was approached by the man at about 7pm on Saturday.
The boy refused to hand over his phone and was then pushed against his chest and grabbed around the throat before being punched in the mouth.
The man then ran off empty-handed toward Pallister Road and the seafront.
Investigating Officer, Dc Louise Nellist, said: “Although no weapon was seen, this was a traumatising experience for the youngster. He had been waiting for a relative when he was approached by one of the town’s thugs who thought he could make a quick steal.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking at local CCTV footage to see if we can identify this man, but we could also do with the help of those who had been walking along Colne Road and saw this man running off.”
The man is described as white, about 6ft, of a slim build and was aged in his mid 20s. At the time he was wearing a blue and grey checked scarf across his mouth, dark trousers and a leather hoodie.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 8 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 9 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 10 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
The boy suffered minor scratchmarks to his neck but was otherwise uninjured.
If you have any information, please contact Clacton police station on 101.