Clacton man who shows “no remorse” for causing life-changing injuries to a 10-week old baby girl is jailed for 20 years
- Credit: PA NEWS
A man has been jailed for 20 years for causing life-changing injuries to a 10-week old baby girl in his care.
The 33-year-old man from Clacton appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court for sentencing today alongside a 25-year-old woman, also from Clacton, neither of whom can be named for legal reasons.
The man was convicted of GBH with intent and neglect at Chelmsford Crown Court in July while the woman previously admitted neglecting the baby girl.
Police were contacted by Essex Social Care after the child was admitted to Colchester General Hospital on August 10, 2013.
Investigating officer Ds Kerrie Katinas said: “This heinous crime committed against an innocent, defenceless baby left her with life changing injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been an incredibly emotional case and I am thankful to all the witnesses who attended court after he failed to take responsibility for his actions. He still continues to show no remorse for causing such serious, life-changing injuries which will affect the girl for the rest of her life.”
The woman’s sentencing hearing was adjourned for three weeks.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan