Clacton: Murder probe after body found
A MURDER inquiry is today underway after the discovery of a body at a Clacton hotel.
The body of a 51-year-old woman was uncovered by police at the Esplanade Hotel in Clacton-on-Sea on Friday evening.
She was named yesterday as Janet Graney, 51, from Clacton.
Shortly after the discovery officers arrested a 41-year-old man in Ipswich on suspicion of murder.
The man, who lives in the Clacton area, is currently Ipswich Hospital but it is unclear what he is receiving treatment for.
You may also want to watch:
Police have refused to divulge details of his injuries or how he came to get them.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Neither the victim nor the man arrested were staff, they were both staying at the hotel.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 A12 closed as man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 10 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
“The man arrested is from the local area. But he was not arrested in Clacton, he was arrested in Ipswich.
“Murder is obviously a very rare crime and extremely rare in Clacton.
“It’s a tragic event and our thoughts are with the victim’s families.
“We’d like to remind people that Essex is a very safe place.”
Guests arriving at the Marine Parade East hotel on Saturday expressed shock at the incident.
The owner of the hotel declined to comment.