Clacton: Pizza delivery man robbed at knifepoint
A pizza delivery man has been robbed at knifepoint for food amounting to �30 by two masked men.
The 20-year-old victim had responded to a bogus order from an address in a block of flats in Mason Road at approximately 10.30pm last night.
When he arrived at the main door of the building the masked men threatened him with a kitchen knife and grabbed his delivery bag containing two pizzas and two garlic breads.
The pair then fled in the direction of Langham Drive.
Both robbers were white and aged between 18 and 20. One was about 6ft tall and of stocky build. He was wearing a light grey long-sleeved hoody top with writing on the front, a black balaclava and black woolly gloves.
You may also want to watch:
The second man was approximately 5ft 6-7in tall and of average build.
He was wearing a dark blue hoody with writing on the front and possibly a balaclava.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
Investigating officer Detective Phil Parish said the robbery had been “carefully pre-planned”
“They wanted only the food not the money they delivery man had collected from other orders,” he said.
“They picked an address that was tucked away in a cul-de-sac and waited in the shadows until the order arrived.”
He added: “Then they threatened the delivery man and made their escape through a series of alleyways. They must be local men who knew the area.”
The delivery man, who is from the Clacton area, was unharmed but badly shaken.
Any information on this incident should be reported to Detective Parish at Clacton Serious Crime Team on 0300 333 4444.