Clacton: Police perplexed by spate of “mindless vandalism”
A spate of “mindless vandalism” carried out against homes and cars on a street in Clacton has left police “confounded” and “perplexed”.
A number of windows and doors on properties along Croft Road were cracked after being struck by pellets, possibly fired by an air weapon, between 5pm and 6pm yesterday (Monday).
Neighbourhood policing officer, Pc Gary Coe, said: “It continues to confound me as to why people carry out such criminal acts and don’t consider the consequences of their actions.
“There is a suggestion that the suspects were in a car that was being driven along the road on Monday evening.
“We’re obviously looking to identify the perpetrators behind this mindless vandalism so would appreciate any information.”
You may also want to watch:
Four residents have contacted police to report their property damaged, prompting police to carry out house-to-house enquiries and examine CCTV.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Clacton police station on 101.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered