Clacton: Suspects broke into bank through extractor fan
- Credit: Archant
Two men have stolen about £4,000 after breaking into a bank through an extractor fan.
The suspects targeted the NatWest branch in Station Road, Clacton, at about 3.30am on Saturday.
A police spokesman said: “It is believed they broke in after smashing their way through an extractor fan vent on the roof of the building. They made a messy search of the premises but made off after they were disturbed by an alarm.
“It is thought they took around £4,000 in cash.
“The suspects were wearing what appear to be white overalls and gloves and are thought to be white men.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone who may have seen anything suspicious is asked to contact Pc Luke Baldwin at Clacton Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience