Clacton: Three arrests so far as police respond to recent robberies
- Credit: Archant
Three people have so far been arrested in connection with recent robberies in Clacton as police enter day two of an operation to clamp down on knife crime in the town.
Essex Police’s Operation Statesman is in response to the recent crime spree which has seen criminal groups target young people for their mobile telephones.
The town centre’s neighbourhood policing team has been reinforced with a dedicated support team comprised of dog handlers, Taser-equipped officers and undercover squads over the next few weeks.
Yesterday lunchtime a 19-year-old woman was arrested at her home in the town after officers executed a search warrant. They recovered an £800 handbag from the property which was stolen during a robbery earlier in the month.
Later that evening a 21-year-old man was arrested at his Clacton home by officers who had received information from the local community just a few hours earlier.
You may also want to watch:
Today a 20-year-old man from Clacton was arrested at his home by officers investigating a robbery in Jackson Road on July 16. He is currently in custody.
Anyone with information on suspected criminals or activity should contact their neighbourhood policing officer or Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview