Prolific Clacton shoplifter banned from entering town’s shops
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
A serial offender in the coastal town has been given a five year Criminal Behaviour Order.
The order will prohibit Richard Rossiter, 40, from entering any commercial or retail premises within Clacton town centre until 2024.
Mr Rossiter, of no fixed address, was previously sentenced to 14 weeks in prison after pleading guilty to seven counts of theft from a shop and an assault in the town between September 20 and October 26 last year.
A Criminal Behaviour Order, which was applied to Rossiter on February 20 at Chelmsford Magistrates Court, prohibits offenders from undertaking specified acts such as entering town centres, or requires offenders to participte in acts like a substance abuse course.
Community policing team inspector Darren Deex said: “Richard Rossiter has been a prolific offender within Clacton’s retail community and has caused problems for local businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“This CBO will not only prevent him from entering any shops in the town centre until 2024, but if he breaches these conditions, he will be put before the court again.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 10 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year