Meeting on goods wagon removal at Clare Country Park is rescheduled
An emergency meeting to discuss the removal of a much-loved railway wagon, which was housed at a country park, has been postponed due to the numbers interested in attending.
Clare Town Council had arranged to have the meeting on Friday, October 5, at Clare Pavilion, but that has now been re-arranged to take place on Thursday, October 18, at the Town Hall.
Residents had voiced their disapproval on social media that the historic goods wagon at Clare Country Park had been removed by trustees without permission from the town council and are demanding its return.
A note on the council’s website said that the number of people wishing to attend was likely to exceed Health and Safety limits for the Pavilion.
“To avoid having to turn away any member of the public, councillors have agreed to a postponement so that the issue can be considered in the Town Hall.
You may also want to watch:
“The issue of the goods wagon will therefore be on the agenda at the scheduled council meeting. The venue of this meeting has been changed from the Old School Community Centre to the Town Hall,” it added.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'