New vets' practice set to open in village
- Credit: Google Earth
A barn in Clare, near Sudbury, is set to be demolished with a veterinary practice built in its place, according to new plans.
Proposals for the property in Cavendish Road have been submitted to West Suffolk Council.
The applicants have said the barn and surrounding buildings have the potential to be converted into a business park that could provide a boost for the economy.
The barn had previously been listed for sale but no buyer had been found until now, planning documents submitted alongside the application said.
The documents added: "The application site has an existing commercial use with potential to be expanded to create an attractive, viable and sustainable rural business park.
You may also want to watch:
"At present, the existing redundant and severely dilapidated barn blights this potential as to renovate the existing structure would require a virtual rebuild of very structural element.
"The proposal will boost the local economy and provide an appropriate local service. It will create an attractive setting for a contained number of small local businesses."
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town