Classic day out to help a good cause
The fifth running of the successful South Suffolk Classic, organised by West Suffolk Motor Club and Eastern Counties Motor Club, is being held on Sunday, May 12.
The event will raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance and will again be sponsored by Kerridges of Needham Market and Wasteresources.co.uk
The route will be about 95 miles and the time schedule will be flexible enough for those taking part to decide whether they wish to take their time and enjoy the facilities of the checkpoints or motor on and get to the show in time for more of the attractions there.
This year the event will start from Jimmy’s Farm in Pannington Hall Lane, near Wherstead (IP9 2AR), home of the Essex Pig Company and owned by Jimmy Doherty. There will be a chance to have a brief look at the rare breeds there and use the cafeteria. A tea or coffee will be available to all taking part, compliments of the organisers.
From Jimmy’s, entrants will travel via a scenic route, including the Shotley Peninsular, to the first checkpoint which is Ipswich Transport Museum home to a collection of more than 100 major transport and engineering objects made or used locally.
You may also want to watch:
From the transport museum the route continues via many places of interest to Pakenham Water Mill which dates from the late 18th century. The last working water mill in Suffolk, millers have been using the technology of water power to produce stone-ground wholemeal flour.
Tea rooms are available at both checkpoints.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The run will once again finish at Ampton racecourse, venue for the South Suffolk Show, where all the activities associated with a major regional agricultural show will be available.