Traffic chaos after A14 partially closed by lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
One lane of the A14 is closed after a lorry collided with a safety barrier, causing traffic chaos.
Officers were called to reports that a lorry has been involved in a single vehicle collision near Claydon at 4.20pm today.
The inside lane of the eastbound carriageway is currently closed at junction 52 while the police organise recovery for the vehicle.
There are also reports of a fuel leak on the road.
Cars are queueing for miles, back to junction 51 at Needham Market.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood that the lorry collided with a barrier and is now stuck on the lane.
There are not believed to be any injuries.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
Highways England are reporting delays of up to 30 minutes for drivers passing the lane closure.
The delays have since been compounded by a broken down car on the inside lane of the eastbound carriageway on the A14 shortly before junction 51 at Needham Market.
The car was blocking the lane causing congestion back to junction 50 at Stowmarket. The vehicle has now been cleared however much of the traffic still remains.
Stay with us for updates.