Club Baldy membership reaches 24 as campaign gets close to £8000 mark
- Credit: Archant
Felixstowe fund raiser Beth Manister’s Club Baldy has gained two new members.
Jude Rouse and Celia Petersen, Beth’s colleagues from the Mediterranean Shipping Company, braved the shave to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
“Beth is such an amazing and wonderful person who has remained positive and inspirational throughout everything. Shaving our heads is easy and will start to grow back straight away, however the impact the money we have raised, will last far longer,” said Jude and Celia.
Beth’s new fund raising total is nearly £8000, but she doesn’t want to stop there.
“I need to think of a new challenge to bring more money in!,” said Beth.
You may also want to watch:
There are now 24 people in Club Baldy including many of Beth’s friends and family as well as 12-year-old Rory Gillespie - Gardiner who wanted to follow his stepfather’s example. Beth’s brother David was the first to join her.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 'They walked into us heavy' - Cook on 6-0 thrashing of Doncaster