Coastguard notified of two incidents yesterday
- Credit: Archant © 2009
Thames Coastguard was notified of two incidents in the region yesterday.
At 11.50am, Felixstowe Volunteer Coast Patrol Boat Volunteer went to the assistance of 24ft angling craft Keep Cool 2 following a broadcast from the coastguard.
The patrol boat found three people on board the boat, which had broken down two miles north of Stone Point in Walton-on-the-Naze.
The vessel was towed to Titchmarsh Marina.
At 2.51pm, Clacton Beach Patrol proceeded to a report of concern for the yacht Sea Mew, which was anchored off Clacton Pier.
You may also want to watch:
The beach patrol team found all was well on board.
The incidents came following an exercise in the vicinity of Felixstowe Ferry at 8.49am, which Aldeburgh, Shingle Street and Felixstowe Coastguard Rescue Teams, Harwich RNLI Inshore Lifeboat, the patrol boat Volunteer and the Felixstowe Ferry Harbour Master launch Odd Times took part in.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 7 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
The scenario revolved around a small craft that had gone aground on the Deben Bar at the entrance to the River Deben. The teams searched to find three people in the water, with three dummies successfully found, two in the river and one in the river approaches.