Cobras face defending champs
THE Kart Raceway Cobras take centre stage at Rye House this Saturday.With the Rockets have a day off, the Cobras entertain defending champions Weymouth in National League action.
THE Kart Raceway Cobras take centre stage at Rye House this Saturday.
With the Rockets have a day off, the Cobras entertain defending champions Weymouth in National League action.
The Wildcats are clearly not prepared to let go of last year's Conference crown in this season's revamped competition.
They have an unblemished home record to date, plus away successes at Scunthorpe and Newport and a 46-44 near miss at King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Weymouth also handed title rivals and South Coast neighbours Bournemouth their first competitive defeat of the campaign by bucking the Buccaneers 56-40 in the first leg of their Knock-Out Cup tie on June 19, although the Buccs gained subsequently revenge on home turf on Thursday to the tune of 62-30.
While the availability of the now triple British U21 Finalist and 2006 CLRC bronze winner Lee Smart is uncertain due to a clash of fixtures with his new Premier League club Stoke, the Cats' crew also includes the seemingly ageless Mark 'Buzz' Burrows and former Rye men in James Cockle, Matt Wright and Terry Day.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
The Cobras know they face a tough challenge, but they'll be bringing to the party themselves the recent hammering of Scunthorpe and a battling effort at the Isle of Wight.
The action starts at 7pm.
Rye House: 1 Danny Halsey, 2 Dan Blake, 3 Jamie Courtney, 4 Lee Strudwick, 5 Rob Smith, 6 Mike Bovis, 7 Ben Morley.
Weymouth: 1 Lee Smart (guest cover or R/R), 2 Tim Webster, 3 Matt Wright, 4 James Cockle, 5 Mark Burrows, 6 Terry Day, 7 James White-Williams.
The main 15 heats will be followed by six further races of Academy action between the Pocket Rockets and the Weymouth Wizards.
The sides for this fixture are:
Rye House: 1 Mike Bovis, 2 Trevor Heath, 3 Marc Owen, 4 Derrol Ritchings.
Weymouth: 1 Alex McLeod, 2 Daniel I'Anson, 3 Scott Day, 4 Adam Delve.