Colchester/A12: Woman injured and one lane on A12 blocked after lorry and car crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman suffered a head injury and one lane of the A12 near Colchester was blocked for several hours after a collision between a lorry and a car.
The two vehicles collided shortly before junction 26 for Eight Ash Green on the southbound carriageway at around 4.15pm today.
A female driver in her 20s involved in the accident sustained a head injury not thought to be serious, an East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said.
She was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further treatment.
One lane was blocked for several hours before reopening at around 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
Congestion reportedly built back to junction 29 at the A1232 Ardleigh turn-off.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn