Colchester: Appeal after woman is robbed at knifepoint
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was robbed at knifepoint in Colchester.
Between 8.15pm and 8.40pm on Sunday, November 11, a 40-year-old woman from Colchester was approached by a man in Cranborne Close at its junction with Brickmakers Lane.
The woman punched the man in the face and he then pushed her to the floor. He then took her Apple iPhone from her coat pocket, ripping the coat in the process.
The man was armed with a knife, described as being six inches long.
The woman was left shaken but uninjured.
The suspect is described as white, over 6ft tall, wearing a grey hooded top and blue jeans. He was also clean shaven.
He ran off in the direction of Fellowes Close.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Colchester CID on 101.