Colchester: Appeal for information after man is seriously injured in assault
POLICE are appealing for information after a man was seriously injured in an assault in Colchester.
The incident happened in High Street, near The George Hotel, at about 3.30am on Sunday, November 25.
The 18-year-old man, from Colchester, was punched in the face for no apparent reason and fell to the ground unconscious.
He was later taken to hospital and is still in a neurological intensive therapy unit after undergoing surgery for head injuries. His condition today was said to be serious but stable.
Investigating officer DC Tim Harris said: “This young man was enjoying a night out with friends when he became involved in a brief altercation in which he was assaulted by at least one person.
You may also want to watch:
“A suspect was last seen running off along Maidenburgh Street.
“This was a vicious assault that has left this young man with severe head injuries. His family are extremely distressed and are with him at the hospital.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Mike Bacon: High stake games just as Blues are starting to click
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
“We are urging any witnesses or anyone with information to come forward immediately.”
Anyone who can help should contact DC Harris at Colchester Serious Crime Team on 101.