Colchester: Arson attack investigation launched
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES have launched an investigation into an arson attack at a property in Colchester.
Police were contacted by the fire and rescue service shortly before 4pm yesterday following reports of a house fire on Tollgate Court.
Officers arrived to find firefighters extinguishing the blaze. Nobody was injured.
Investigating Officer, Dc Mark Peacock, said: “This fire was started deliberately at the doorway to this property.
“We would urge anyone who saw suspicious activity on this cul-de-sac on Monday afternoon to contact us.”
People with information are asked to call Colchester police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
- 9 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week