Colchester artist designs festive card for charity
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester-based artist has put her stamp on a unique Christmas card for children’s charity Action Medical Research.
Decorative folk artist Lorraine Stylianou divides her time between designing, teaching practical workshops and writing.
She developed the festive Snowbirds design especially for the charity, whose medical breakthroughs include the UK’s first polio vaccines and the use of ultrasound during pregnancy.
The Real Deal Christmas card scheme is the brainchild of Lynne Tait, a gallery owner in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. Her decorative range raised £13,500 for the charity last year.
The cards are selling fast and customers are urged to get their orders in before the Friday 18 December deadline.
You may also want to watch:
The charity receives every penny from the sales of the cards, which come in 16 different designs.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth