Stabbing was ‘targeted and isolated’ attack, say police as man arrested
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a 33-year-old man was stabbed on Saturday night in Colchester.
The victim was reportedly walking from Wimpole Road into Barrack Street at about 11.30pm on July 4 when he was assaulted between Rose Kebab and Noodle Express.
He was taken to hospital with stab wounds and was discharged after receiving treatment.
A 22-year-old man from Harlow was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and released on bail until July 27.
Essex Police have reviewed CCTV from the area and spoken to a number of witnesses but are seeking more people who may have information about the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Police believe the stabbing was a “targeted and isolated incident”.
The suspects may have been driving a black Vauxhall Astra or a Mercedes. Police are keen to speak to anyone who saw a car resembling those in the area at the time.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
Those with information can contact Colchester CID on 101, quoting reference 42/98831/20.