Colchester: Bail extended for nine arrested in Jay Whiston murder probe
DETECTIVES have extended the bail of nine people arrested in connection with the murder of Clacton teenager Jay Whiston.
They are also renewing their appeal for information after he was stabbed at a house part in Marlowe Way, Colchester, just after 10pm on September 8.
The 17-year-old, of Aster Close, died a short time later in hospital.
A provisional post-mortem showed he died from a stab wound.
Although a number of knives were recovered from the local area, police do not believe any of them to be the murder weapon.
You may also want to watch:
Five people from Colchester were arrested on suspicion of murder during the hours and days following the stabbing.
The two 19-year-old men, one 18-year-old man and two 17-year-old boys were arrested on suspicion of murder and later released on bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 4 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 7 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
In mid-November, a further four people were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.
All nine had had their bail extended until Friday, March 22.
Anyone with information in connection to the investigation should call detectives at Colchester’s major investigation team on 101, e-mail SCDappeals@essex.pnn.police.uk or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.