Colchester: Borough to take to the polls on Thursday, May 22
- Credit: andrew partridge
Voters in Colchester take to the polls next week as one-third of the borough council – 20 seats – are up for grabs.
We asked the major parties to outline their key local policies in the run up to the elections on Thursday May 22.
There are also two independent candidates standing.
Gerard Oxford is contesting the Highwoods seat. He is currently councillor for the ward as part of the Highwoods Independent Group, which forms part of the coalition administration.
Christina Perdicou is also standing as an independent in the Shrub End ward.
You may also want to watch:
The election coincides with the European Parliament polls on the same day.
Votes in the Colchester Borough Council elections will be counted overnight on Thursday, while the European election will be counted on the following Sunday.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder