Colchester: Burglars enter property using key left in door
DETECTIVES are pleading with people to consider the security of their home at every opportunity after burglars entered a property using the key left in the door.
The break-in happened during yesterday daytime after the male owner accidentally left the house keys in the front door the previous evening.
He left the house on Nelson Road on the Wednesday morning and returned in the evening to find his property had been burgled, with various electrical items and jewellery being stolen.
Investigating Officer Dc Andrea Ford said: “This man understands his mistake and regrets it terribly. Each week we remind people about the need to secure their homes as burglars are out there, committing crime.
“Hopefully this unfortunate burglary hammers the home message even more to everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
A forensic examination of the scene was completed as were house-to-house enquiries.
Anyone with information in connection with this burglary is urged to contact detectives at Colchester police station on 101.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk