Colchester: CCTV images released of armed robbers in Coral betting shop
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released following an armed robbery in Colchester.
Two men escaped with a three-figure sum of cash after threatening staff at the Coral betting shop in The Willows at about 8.35pm on Thursday January 2.
One man was armed with a knife and the other was carrying what appeared to be a handgun wrapped in a plastic bag.
Armed police were called to the scene and a widespread search of the area was carried out but there was no sign of the men.
The thieves were both in their late teens or early 20s and of average height and build. Both were wearing scarves over their faces. One was wearing a light-coloured zip-up hooded top and dark trousers and the other was in a dark hooded top and dark trousers. One of them was carrying an orange plastic bag.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police have appealed for witnesses or people who may have useful information to come forward.
Det Sgt Dan Jeffries said: “We want to hear from anyone who might have seen the two men hanging around before the robbery or running off a few minutes later.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
“Although the men were wearing scarves in the betting shop we hope that they can be traced from the descriptions and CCTV image.”
Contact DS Jeffries or his colleagues at Colchester CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.