Colchester: CCTV released of burglary suspect
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images of a suspect wanted in connection with a Colchester burglary have been released by Essex Police.
Detectives have arrested one man but are hoping the public can help them to identify the outstanding suspect.
The burglary occurred in Hargood Close, on August 11 between 4.30-5pm when two suspects entered the flat which was unoccupied at the time.
The pair were disturbed and ran off.
A 23-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on suspicion of burglary and drug offences.
He has been bailed until October 13 while the investigation continues.
The second suspect assaulted an officer, causing a broken finger, before running off.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 5 Flood alert issued for coastal towns
- 6 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 7 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 8 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 9 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 10 'My game is getting better already' - Davis pleased with Town progress
Police want to find the man, described as black, in his 20s with short hair, of average height, wearing jeans and a blue checked long sleeved top.
Detectives believe he uses the name Monty or Montana and may be from the Hackney area.
Anyone with information should contact Det Con Hannah Richardson at Colchester CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.