Colchester/Clacton: Bail extended for seven arrested in connection with Jay Whiston stabbing
DETECTIVES investigating the fatal stabbing of a Clacton teenager have extended the bail of seven people arrested in connection with the murder.
Jay Whiston was stabbed at a house party on Marlowe Way shortly after 10pm on September 8.
The 17-year-old boy from Aster Close died a short time later in hospital. A provisional post-mortem examination result showed that he died from a stab wound.
Five people from Colchester were arrested on suspicion of murder during the hours and days following the stabbing.
One of these individuals, an 18-year-old man, has been released without charge.
Two 19-year-old men, an 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy have been released on police bail.
In mid-November, four more people were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. An 18-year-old woman has now been released without charge.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
A 51-year-old man, a 42-year-old woman and a 19-year-old man have been bailed until May 22 pending further enquiries.