Colchester/Clacton: Teenager is arrested in connection with murder of Jay Whiston
An 18-year-old man arrested in connection with the murder of 17-year-old Jay Whiston has today been charged with affray.
Jay was stabbed at a house party on Marlowe Way, Colchester, shortly after 10pm on Saturday, September 8, last year.
The 17-year-old boy from Aster Close, Clacton, died a short time later in hospital. A provisional post-mortem examination result showed the cause of death to have been a stab wound.
Rhys Hennebry of Gurdon Road, Colchester, has been charged with affray and released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, August 13.
Two 19-year-old men from Colchester who were also arrested in connection with the murder have been released from their bail with no further action to be taken against them.
You may also want to watch:
Two men and a woman arrested in mid-November last year on suspicion of assisting an offender have been re-bailed pending further enquiries until August 14. They are a 51-year-old man, a 19-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman all from Colchester.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results