Colchester: Dog rescued from smoke-filled house

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

A dog was rescued by firefighters after the first floor of a terraced house was overcome with fire.

The incident happened in Beechwood Close, Colchester at around 12.30pm today.

Three fire crews attended and found the first floor of the property was filled with smoke.

While the occupants had managed to escape, firefighters had to rescue a pet dog from inside.

The fire had been put out within 15 minutes, with firefighters clearing the smoke away with a high-pressure fan.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus