Colchester: Firefighters investigate warehouse blaze
FIREFIGHTERS have this morning returned to the scene of a Colchester warehouse blaze to begin an investigation into its cause.
A workshop used for building and repairing boats, in Whitehall Industrial Estate, Haven Road, caught fire at about 8.20pm last night.
Twenty-five firefighters from Colchester, Wivenhoe and Nayland spent more than two hours tackling the flames.
A crew from Brightlingsea remained at the scene until about 4am to damp down the area and make sure their were no remaining hotspots.
Firefighters from Colchester returned to the warehouse at 8am today to continue checking the building for areas where the fire could re-ignite and to start an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (ECFRS) said: “Firefighters did an excellent job tackling and containing the fire. The crews prevented the fire from spreading throughout the warehouse and to an adjoining kitchen company.
“The cause of the fire is unknown at this stage, ECFRS and the police will carry out an investigation.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham