Burst pipe floods high street shop
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to a high street shop in Colchester after a pipe burst causing damage to the building.
Fire crews were called at 2pm on Saturday to the High Street after a burst pipe within the ceiling split, causing water to pour onto a fuse box.
Firefighters worked to isolate the water while the Electricity Board isolated the power.
By 3.45pm crews confirmed the flooding had completely stopped and the area was safe.
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue said that a back corridor of the shop has suffered from water damage.
You may also want to watch:
It’s not clear at this stage which shop was affected.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 6 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?