Colchester: Man, 25, suffers broken jaw after attack in Silk Road Lounge & Cocktail Bar in St Botolphs Street
A REVELLER suffered three fractures of his jaw after being attacked when he was out celebrating the New Year in Colchester.
The 25-year-old was assaulted in a fire escape at the rear of Silk Road Lounge & Cocktail Bar in St Botolphs Street.
The attack happened in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
The victim, from Colchester, spent two days in hospital and still needs treatment for three fractures to his jaw.
Investigating officer DC Eva Woods said: “The victim was at the bar with friends for New Year’s Eve when he was assaulted at the rear of the premises near the fire escape.
You may also want to watch:
“A person believed to have been involved in the assault is thought to have been among a group of people who were ejected from the bar by the door staff.
“One of those ejected was a white man, in his mid 20s, with short dark brown hair and tattoos on both arms. He was wearing white T-shirt. We would like to talk to him in connection with this investigation.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Anyone with information should contact DC Woods at Colchester CID on 101.