Colchester: Man dies of gunshot wounds
A MAN with gunshot wounds was found dead in a Colchester flat after armed police raided the property.
Police arrived at the flat in Sussex Road at about 6pm yesterday after launching a search for a missing person.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Officers had earlier taken steps to locate the man following a telephone call from a relative who had expressed concerns for his welfare.
“The matter is under investigation, but no one else is being sought at this time.”
Essex Police is not treating the death as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “A man was found with serious injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic and a doctor from the Essex Air Ambulance.”
Police have recovered a gun from the scene.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water