Colchester: Man treated from smoke inhalation after house fire

One fire crew was called

One fire crew was called - Credit: Archant

A MAN suffered from smoke inhalation this morning after a fire broke out at his home in Colchester.

Two fire crews from the town were mobilised to Ayloff Road at 6.13am where they discovered a small fire in a property.

One hose reel was used to put out the blaze, which was extinguished at 6.35am.

An occupant of the house, a 50-year-old man, was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation by members of the ambulance service.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter