WATCH: Doorbell camera catches man steal milk bottles from doorstep during the night
- Credit: ALEKSANDRA ZYSK-LOBO
A man has been captured on a doorbell camera in Colchester taking two milk bottles from a doorstep in the early hours of the morning, minutes after they were delivered.
Aleksandra Zysk-Lobo was awake with her toddler in the early hours of Monday, June 8, when she went downstairs to check whether her milk had been delivered and found nothing was there.
She was hoping to prepare the milk for her son, but after checking the Ring video recording she realised that 10 minutes after her milk had been delivered, a hooded male had taken it.
She said: “When checking the video recording I realised that I was so close to opening the door at the point of his robbery, which was very distressing.
“He seemed to know what he was looking for and knew the delivery time as he approached my house from the direction the milkman had been a few minutes before.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from Essex Police said: “We received reports that two milk bottles were taken from a doorstep in Courage Drive, Colchester at around 1.30am on Monday, June 8.
“A man who had a hood pulled over his head was seen putting them into his pocket and walking away.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 8 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 9 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
“If you have any information, please call us on 101 quoting crime reference 42/83686/20 or report it online.”
Aleksandra said some of her neighbours had issues with their deliveries on the same night and she is now considering cancelling her orders.