Colchester: Park & Ride set to open in March 2015
- Credit: Contributed
The opening of Colchester’s much delayed park and ride scheme has been set for March next year.
It will coincide with the completion of the Northern Approach Road phase three, linking the A12 junction 28 at the Weston Homes Community Stadium with the existing approach road, due to open in December this year.
Works on the road have been delayed due to flooding problems during the winter’s heavy rainfall.
More consultation is set to be held over measures for bus priority in the town centre and the routes buses might take.
The scheme has been forward funded by Essex County Council while grant money is finalised with the South East Local Enterprise Partnership.
You may also want to watch:
Rodney Bass, county councillor for highways and transportation, said: “Essex County Council is happy to demonstrate its commitment to providing a Park and Ride at Colchester, following the very successful introduction of Park and Ride at Chelmsford.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex