Colchester: Pier pizza proposal proves successful
- Credit: Contributed
These days people go to ever more creative and unusual lengths to propose to their partners but this one tops them all – with goats’ cheese, tomato, red onion and a healthy splodge of spinach.
Dale Connelly, 23, from Colchester, decided to pop the question with the help of two carefully-constructed pizzas, spelling out a moving message to girlfriend Catherine Scott, 25.
Dale, a social media creative, took his partner to Southend Pier for the romantic gesture.
He asked his local Pizza Express if they would consider delivering the couple’s favourite Padana pizza to the end of the pier, which he had arranged to exclusively hire for the magical moment. Teaching assistant Catherine, from Colchester, immediately said “yes” when Dale got down on one knee before presenting her with the pizzas, which had the toppings reading: “High tide, low tide, I’ll be by your side/Time to start our happily ever after.”
Catherine said: “I was so surprised when I opened up my pizza box and feel incredibly lucky to have found someone who knows me so well and who is always so thoughtful.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to marry him.”
Before his proposal, Dale said: “Catherine’s the most awesome person to hang out with because she’s always up for having lots of fun.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
“She also never moans and is always content with the smallest and simplest things in life; very rare to find.”
Dale chose Southend for his proposal because it was where they spent their first holiday as a couple.
Aga Machetanz, manager at Southend Pizza Express, said: “It’s a huge honour to be part of a young couple’s engagement and, given that they are such massive fans of Pizza Express, we wanted to do whatever we could to help Dale.”