Colchester’s Stevi Ritchie voted off X Factor
- Credit: PA
Colchester call centre worker Stevi Ritchie was voted off X Factor tonight, leaving only five acts remaining.
The 33-year-old survived the public vote on Saturday night despite being criticised by judges for his quirky Egyptian-themed version of Sir Elton John’s I’m Still Standing.
Simon Cowell said: “You are going to be remembered for that performance, it’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen on any of these shows.” And fellow judge Mel B said: “There’s problems in the house.”
Tonight he took part in the sing-off against Andrea Faustini - and won praise from the judges for his performance of This Is The Moment, from the musical Jekyll and Hyde.
They agreed that it stood up well against Faustini’s version of Stop, by Sam Brown, with Mel B saying: “That was a great sing-off, you both sang your hearts out - Stevi, who knew you could sing like that?”
You may also want to watch:
She and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini both voted to send Ritchie home - but Cowell told him: “We realise that you are not the best singer, but you’ve been great fun and a great entertainer, and people have fallen in love with you. I’m going to stand by my Stevi.”
That meant Louis Walsh’s decision was critical, and he opted to keep Faustini.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season